Director at Cornford- Scott Lawyers
Cornford-Scott Lawyers is a boutique legal firm that strives to provide exceptional care and attention, whether we are involved in estate planning or the administration of an estate. In only our second year of operation, we were named, by Doyles Guide Australia, as one of the leading wills & estates law firms for 2016. The firm has consistently appeared in the top tiers of that guide each year.
With over 20 years’ experience, our director, Angela Cornford-Scott, is very knowledgeable of the law in the area, but also understanding of the difficult issues which you may be dealing with. Our advice is always clear and precise, and you can be confident of our excellent advice, sensitivity, and personal attention.
The firm specialises in wills and estate matters. We are able to assist and advise you on the following matters:
- Establishing tailored estate plans for clients;
- Providing advice regarding asset protection strategies;
- Advising in relation to enduring powers of attorney;
- Making applications for statutory wills, where a person no longer has capacity.
- Assisting executors and families in the administration of deceased estates;
- Providing advice and guidance in relation to complex estate administration issues;
- Dealing with complex and urgent applications for grants of representation;
- Managing difficult estate administrations including dealing with marshalling of assets and
rateability of assets to pay debts;
- Advising on estate taxation issues and working with experts on complex issues;
- Dealing with superannuation matters and applications to the Superannuation Complaints
- Advising executors regarding their entitlement to claim executors’ commission;
- Providing advice to executors and trustees regarding their duties and responsibilities;
- Advising in relation to construction issues and other technical issues.
- Advising and acting for executors, applicants and residuary beneficiaries in family provision claims;
- Acting for applicants for leave to swear to death and declaration of death applications;
- Acting for executors in proof in solemn form applications;
- Acting in equitable claims against estates.