Hello! My name is Sofie, and I am a Legal Assistant at Brisbane Family Law Centre.
I have been a part of the team since May 2022. My work mainly comprises assisting our amazing collaborative family lawyers and clients with various legal and administrative tasks. I am grateful to have the opportunity to gain experience in a close-knit and professional environment and further my interests in pursuing a legal career.
I am a third year student studying a Bachelor of Law (Honours)/Asian Studies, majoring in Japanese Language. Currently, I am predicted to graduate at the end of 2024. Outside of work and university, I volunteer as Editor-in-Chief for the Griffith Journal of Law & Human Dignity and tutor senior high school students in English and History.
I would characterise myself as a compassionate, diligent, and highly organised individual. My favourite hobbies are reading books, oil painting, and dining out.
- If I weren’t in law… I would be developing my own travel blog or magazine.
- Happiest past time… I am the happiest drinking an iced Matcha latte whilst lounging with a brand new book and relaxing to aromatherapy.
- If I could have any superpower, I would… be able to manipulate time.
- The worst misspelling of my name I’ve ever seen was… Sophie, Sophia, Sofia, and Sofi.
- My favourite thing about family law is… helping people during a tumultuous period of their lives.