Hello! My name is Kara and I am a Collaborative Family Lawyer here at Brisbane Family Law Centre (‘BFLC’). It is lovely to virtually meet you!
A bit about me- I joined the team at BFLC in November 2021 as an Administrative Assistant, whilst in my last year of studying a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice. Since this time, and upon graduating university and completing my graduate diploma of legal practice, I have moved through various roles- from being an Administrative Assistant, to a Legal Assistant, to a Law Graduate, and upon my recent admission to the Supreme Court of Queensland in September 2023, a Collaborative Family Lawyer.
It has been a long-standing dream of mine to become a Collaborative Family Lawyer at BFLC. I have always been drawn to working with people in this space and am passionate about using my kind and supportive nature to help clients navigate all the complexities that come with separation and divorce, in a calm and amicable way.
When I am not at BFLC, I am at my happiest when I am down on the Gold Coast having my morning dip in the ocean with my partner, followed by grabbing a latte from my favourite coffee shop.
- People describe me as… enthusiastic, empathetic, and very organised.
- If you weren’t in law… I would likely be in Medicine (but in saying that, I don’t think I am very good with blood)!
- If I could have any superpower, I would… be able to fly.
- My role model/hero is… my Dad!
- My favourite thing about family law is… being able to assist people in the most difficult time of their lives, and having the opportunity to provide them with the support they need to get through it!