Hello! My name is Melanie. I go by either Mel or Melanie (whatever works). I am a Law graduate originally from Melbourne and made the move to Brisbane in January 2023 to join the incredible team here at BFLC. I have always loved the idea of working within the Family Law sector to use my kindness and compassion to make a difference or change for the better, whether that be small step forward or a giant leap. I always work hard to ensure progress is being made behind the scenes and love experiencing the happiness that comes with that from our Collaborative Family Lawyers and clients.
Before being involved in Family Law I assisted intellectually disabled children and adults to help them navigate and enjoy life to the fullest as well as teaching children how to swim.
When not working (and not stuck in Brisbane traffic) I can be found exploring for the next nicest beach to swim and relax at or flying down to visit my family in the chilly Melbourne weather.
- If I could have any superpower … it would be to shape shift into any person I desire. That way I can pick any super hero I like on a different day.
- I am most excited when… my family come to visit me (including their dogs).
- People describe me as … Happy, kind, compassionate and patient.
- One of my favourite quotes is… cliché, but you just can’t beat it: “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
- My favourite sitcom character of all time is… Amy Santiago from Brooklyn 99.